The Chinese Community Gateway is a charity.

Our aims are to:

I. Build the Chinese community by running fun, inclusive events aimed at all, regardless of age, or if you’re single/ married. For example, we’ll have social, cultural, and educational events such as month end drinks, hikes, arts & crafts and seminars.

II. Raise funds for worthwhile causes both here in the UK and in China. We plan to run a few large scale fundraising activities a year

III. Promote Chinese culture. We will promote and sponsor events such as Oriental film festivals, arts and literature

Throughout 2014, 75% of the CCG’s profits will be donated to charity with the remaining 25% to be retained purely as working capital such as for paying for deposits to secure venues. Of the 75%, 50% will be donated to the Chinese Community Centre (http://www.ccc.org.uk) and the other 25% to the Chinese Mental Health Association (http://www.cmha.org.uk)

ABOUT

The Chinese Community Gateway (CCG) was founded in August 2013 by Johnathan Phan and James Tam. The original concept for the CCG however was first discussed between the co-founders in 2010 when they were both members of the executive committee of another society.

AIM

The aim of the Chinese Community Gateway (CCG) is to bring together the members of the Chinese Community. We plan to achieve this aim via a 3 pillars approach of:

I. Build the Chinese community by running fun, inclusive events aimed at all, regardless of age, or if you’re single/ married. For example, we’ll have social, cultural, and educational events such as month end drinks, hikes, arts & crafts and seminars.

II. Raise funds for worthwhile causes both here in the UK and in China. We plan to run a few large scale fundraising activities a year

III. Promote Chinese culture. We will promote and sponsor events such as Oriental film festivals, arts and literature

SPONSORSHIP

We are open to sponsorship from any types of organisation with the exceptions of: • Tobacco • Gambling • Adult Entertainment

EVENTS

We are open to any kind of event except for ones that are run for the following purposes

Religion
Politics
Anything that is illegal or immoral
MEMBERSHIP

There will be a membership scheme in order for us to raise funds for charitable activities and/ or donations. The monies will also go to upkeep of the CCG website*.

Membership will enable discounts for paid events (such as go-karting and attending special events). The membership fee will be reviewed on a regular basis and is subject to change. Initially, membership will cost £1 a month.

* Until the end of 2014, all membership monies raised will go directly to the charitable fund and the founders will pay for all the CCG website costs out of their own pockets.

History

Want to know more about the CCG History?

Read more

Connect with us

Want to join us?

Read more